more (easy) blender pancakes
On the weekends, like so many of us, I crave pancakes. But I don't always feel like separating the wet from the dry ingredients and taking care to measure out sooo many various items. What I love about this recipe is you literally just throw all the ingredients into a blender and then cook the pancakes. Plus, these are packed with protein, fiber, and Omega 3s - so you'll get a favorite comfort food with high nutritional value. Good taste and good health is always a winning combination when it comes to breakfast. I hope you enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 whole eggs (or flax eggs to make this a vegan friendly recipe)
- 1 cup of almond flour (or flour of your choice!)
- 1/4 scant cup of milk (I recommend almond milk)
- 3 TBSP of chia seeds
- ghee, butter, or coconut oil for cooking
- Maple syrup or jam for serving
- Place all ingredients (save the cooking oil + maple syrup) in blender and blend well. If the batter looks a little too watery, add a bit more almond flour or just wait 2-3 minutes - it will thicken thanks to the chia.
- Grease pan with ghee, butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat and pour batter into pan to create small pancakes (about 3 inches in diameter).
- When the batter starts to bubble, give it a gentle flip and cook about another minute. Serve with your favorite pancake fixins and enjoy a healthy, protein-packed pancake breakfast!
This recipe makes about 4 servings