These pancakes are ridiculously easy to make, choc full of protein and antioxidants (from the matcha), and a great way to start the morning. I had heard and seen people talking all about paleo pancakes, where you literally just blend bananas and eggs and cook 'em on the griddle. Those were OK, but I needed to tinker a bit more to make them taste just right. Plus, I decided a hit of matcha wouldn't hurt anyone - and the result is super delicious. I hope you enjoy this morning protein power kick! Woo!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs (pastured is preferable!)
- 2 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp matcha - powdered Japanese green tea
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil, ghee, or butter for cooking pancakes
- Toss all ingredients into a blender and blend well for about 1 minute
- heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat. The oil should be melty and coat the entire pan
- pour little globs of batter onto the pan and cook on one side until small bubbles pop up. Turning down the heat if things start to get smokey. Flipping and cooking a bit more on the other side - about a minute. Remove and enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum!
Makes about 12 small pancakes