easy stovetop breakfast frittata
This frittata is incredible. It's simply amazing. And it's loaded with so many veggies that it's healthy. Really delicious and really healthy -- my winning combination, right? I cannot take full claim for this recipe as it was cut out of the weekly 'Parade' magazine, cooked by my aunt and godmother 'Bunny' and initially enjoyed by yours truly over a holiday brunch.
I couldn't belieeeeve how luscious the flavors were - light and fluffy - almost like a soufle - but with minimal effort. So, I had to slightly adapt and share with you. I hope you enjoy!
Veggie Breakfast Frittata
this frittata serves about 8
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- freshly ground pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 cup shredded Manchego, Parmesean, or Gruyere cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook about 2 minutes. Add potato, zucchini, broccoli and spices (turmeric, red pepper). Cook, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and some pepper
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add remaining salt and pepper. Pour eggs over vegetables and toss. Cook 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat without stirring.
- If you're using cheese, sprinkle with cheese and cover. If not, just cover until eggs are set (about another 5 mins)