The Beauty Smoothie
This delicious elixir has been a go-to as the days get warmer. It's interesting that this hodge-podge of ingredients mostly intuitively assembled from leftovers in my kitchen can come together to create something so good for you. And so darn appealing looking! Purple cabbage is a great immune booster and an antioxidant (read: healthy skin) booster.
I've been adding frozen blueberries to almost everything I blend (excepting bulletproof matcha) and they too are fantastic for so many things - protective for the brain, the heart, and even the eyes.
Using greens in your smoothie is helpful for just about everything (lung health, immunity, energy, digestion), and I've recently been enjoying using collagen peptides for an extra boost for hair, skin, nails, and joints.
So here it is, my accidental power-house beauty smoothie. I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped frozen purple cabbage (freezing takes away some of the cabbageyness)
- About 3/4 cup nut milk of choice (I love using homemade hemp)
- Small handful greens of choice (spinach, kale, chard, etc)
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides (optional)
- pinch of cardamom
- extra water for thinning the smoothie out
- 1-2 dried dates or figs for extra sweetness (optional if you like a tart smoothie)
Blend and enjoy!