Lazy Lady's Veggie Pasta
Okay. This recipe is for the days when you want to eat healthy…you know you should eat healthy…but you are SO hungry and you need to eat within 15 minutes or that take-out menu will order take out for you, completely against your will.
You do not need much for this recipe – really not much at all. And you can (always) improvise a bit. You do, however, need about 15 minutes, some veggies, some pasta, and some olive oil. See below for the crucial + fancy ingredients and enjoy this quick and delicious recipe.
The crucial ingredients:
- 1 box of brown rice pasta
- about 1 cup of chopped veggies of any kind (I used 1 head of broccoli and 1 medium sweet potato). Just make sure you chop them into a very fine chop.
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped (or about 1 tsp garlic powder)
The fancy ingredients:
- a few pinches cumin
- sprinklings of sesame seeds
- dash of umi plum vinegar (link below)
- splash of soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos (link below)
- Boil a big pot of water and add pasta to boiling water
- When pasta is almost done – add veggies to boiling pasta and quick-cook for about 2 minutes (but not too long!)
- Drain pasta + veggies
- Add garlic + a copious drizzle of olive oil into hot pasta pan. Add juice of the lemon and a few pinches. Add any fancy ingredients if interested. Mix ‘sauce’ well.
- Add pasta + veggies back to the same pan. Season with more olive oil + salt if necessary. Add the fancy stuff if you're into that. Enjoy!!