These puppies are addicting. And they're good for you! I adapted them slightly from an old Indian Cookbook I found on the streets of D.C. Oh yes, one person's trash is another's treasure. I hope you enjoy these protein and veggie -packed suckers as much as I do. Make them with a big green salad for a light and healthy lunch, and serve them with a yogurt or plum sauce dipping sauce for extra deliciousness.
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, patted down with paper towels to absorb some liquid
- 2 cups of chickpea (or garbanzo bean) flour
- 3 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- about 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup of water
- oil for lightly frying pancakes; Ghee or coconut oil are my preference for this recipe
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add shredded zucchini and parsley, and gently mix.
- Add 1 cup of water (or a little more as necessary) stirring gently until you get a 'drippy' consistency that's not too runny, but can glob well in a pan.
- Heat a small pat of oil over medium high heat. Scoop or carefully pour the batter into the pan in small circles. Cook on the first side until small bubbles appear (careful not to burn) and flip, ensuring the batter is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, garnish with extra parsley and serve with yogurt, marinara, or plum sauce.