Sesame Ginger Cabbage
In honor of St. Patrick's Day and in an effort to put a new twist on a vegetable that can be construed as boring at worst and forgotten at best, I'm super excited to share this recipe with you today.
It takes about 15 minutes. Requires only 4 ingredients (not counting salt + pepper) and will make your kitchen smell like a gingery haven.
Enjoy as a simple side salad with rice, put it on avocado toast, or use it with a side of any protein you so choose.
- 4-5 cups thinly chopped cabbage. Napa, green, and purple all work well
- A 1-inch section of fresh ginger peeled and thinly diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP of toasted sesame oil
- 2 TBSP of water
- (optional) season with black or white sesame seeds
- Place all ingredients in a rimmed saucepan over medium/medium-high heat. Stir well over med-high heat for about 3 minutes, then turn heat down to med-low and cover to steam for about another 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!